Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Starting reception in sept

(11 Posts)
Mommym24 Fri 15-Jul-16 07:26:07

Anyone else feel their babies are just growing too quickly. My dd 4 will start school in September and I keep thinking back to when she was first born and how I'd think we have all the time in the world to do stuff together. I'm really going to miss having her with me all day and doing the things we used to do. I know she will be home at weekends and holidays but I just feel like I've wasted te precious time we've had so far

mouldycheesefan Fri 15-Jul-16 07:36:29

Do you have anything planned for when she is at school e.g work, voluntary activities or hobbies? As it may well seem a long day waiting for her to come home otherwise. It is a culture shock when they start school, mine went to nursery four days a week and I still found it very different when they started school. Plan some nice things to do yourself💐

Mommym24 Fri 15-Jul-16 08:04:29

Thanks for replying. I have a 4 month old too so am not back at work till dec. what doesn't help also is I will be working 4 hours sat and 6 sun come dec so won't get a full day with her till holidays.

Ilovewillow Fri 15-Jul-16 08:15:23

It's a big adjustment! My daughter started some yrs ago now but she was 4 the week before and although she had been at nursery it was tough for a few weeks! You will soon get into a new routine and they are so busy with their new routine and you will be too with homework/clubs etc the terms fly by and the time in the holidays is so much more precious. My daughter will be yr 4 in sept and u honesty don't know where the time has gone!
Enjoy your time between now and then and try to look forward to sharing in her new found independence!

Buddahbelly Fri 15-Jul-16 08:19:17

Yep mine is and i've been having major wobbles every day for the past few weeks. Its his pre school graduation today - Just cant even think about it or I'll cry. I'm usually not emotional at all but the reality of him leaving nursery and going to a new school away from all his friends is giving me anxiety.

I know he'l be fine, hes outgoing and will chat and play with anyone, But its still a shock that hes going from 2 full days in preschool to 5 days a week, he might be ready but don't think I am at all. I keep hugging him asking him half joking to please stop growing up. Its going so, so quickly. Just feels like yesterday I was moaning about getting no sleep with a newborn and Id give anything to go back to those days of just sitting and hugging him for a day or 2 again.

Mommym24 Fri 15-Jul-16 09:33:32

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one wishing they were still babies lol I have a 4 month old and im cherishing every moment with him as I know all too soon he will be at school too. Yes the memories of spending all day cuddling and caring for her is what's upsetting me most

Ferguson Fri 15-Jul-16 18:32:39

Yes, they do grow older, and 'grow up' : but they will ALWAYS be 'your baby'!

my2bundles Fri 15-Jul-16 19:23:49

Don't worry, I felt the same when mine started but they are only in school for 6 hours, there is still plenty of time after school to spend with them.

AndroidAddict Fri 15-Jul-16 20:01:51

My ds was looking forward to starting school last year. It was a big change for him, especially as only 2 other children from his nursery were going to the same school. He settled in fine though and there were no tears - he is a chatty, friendly and confident lad. He was tiny and almost swamped by his uniform but by Christmas he'd grown into it and it seemed as though he'd always been there. He is now looking forward to going into yr 1.
Dd will be starting school next year, in 2017. She's a bit more reserved than her brother but I'm sure she'll be fine. As for me, I might be skipping home after dropping her off on that first day because to be completely honest, I've hated the baby and toddler stage and am glad they're growing up and becoming independent!

TrappedNerve Sat 16-Jul-16 07:01:04

My dd is just about to leave reception and I can honestly say it's been the quickest year ever. There are normally only 6/7 weeks between half terms or holidays and it goes so fast.
My other baby is going into year 9 in September and I can remember him being in the exact same classroom that dd is in now.
Cherish all time you spend together but please be reassured that your dd will have an amazing time at school and to look back at the progress my dd has made since September until now makes it all worthwhile.
I actually couldn't wait until she started school, she was very ready but once she did I felt a bit "lost" at first.
You will have baby ds to keep you on your toes smile

Mommym24 Sun 17-Jul-16 12:37:22

Thanks trappednerve yes I'm sure it's all worthwhile And no doubt she will love it. We can't keep them home forever now can we lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now