Talk

Advanced search

Year 2 Sats/Report

(5 Posts)
MrsBaaadger Mon 11-Jul-16 21:20:18

Hi!

I'm looking for any information anyone has on how to understand the scaled scores from this year's SATS and if teacher assessment only backs up the scores or if it can increase/decrease the overall score. We don't know what our DS got in his SATS but we did receive his report today and was surprised (pleasantly!) That he was "exceeding age related" in more than one of the SATS subjects. We're wondering what he would have had to have achieved to get an "exceeding".

TheoriginalLEM Mon 11-Jul-16 21:24:28

The SATS matter not one tiny fuck why wouldyou want to change the score???

CandODad Mon 11-Jul-16 21:33:04

I think you will find they are reporting the schools opinion and not the SATs scores. It may well be that they have used both but the only way you would know would be to ask.

You can ask for the scores but do you want to seem like one of 'those' parents?

MrsBaaadger Mon 11-Jul-16 21:36:35

Hi CandODad,

No that's exactly why I thought I'd ask on here as we don't want to seem like one of "those" parents and to be honest it really doesn't matter but as he was reported at a high level than expected it made us curious.

mrz Mon 11-Jul-16 21:38:10

The test results are used by the teacher to help them assess your child. The test results aren't reported only the overall teacher assessment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now