Talk

Advanced search

Kensington area...

(5 Posts)
Arty3542 Fri 08-Jul-16 18:59:43

Hello,

Can anyone tell me about Thomas's Kensington School? I keep hearing different things. A few people say it's a "happy" school and other's say average children will slip through the cracks. We don't want a hothouse or busy/pushy kind of school. We would like a warm and nurturing, community-oriented school...Which then leads me to ask, how is the parent body and the area in general?

Thank you!

trubot Sat 09-Jul-16 14:46:06

Hi
I have just found out that I am being transferred back to London from Australia with work after having been away for a few years. I have 2 boys (5 1/2 and 2 1/2). My eldest is in Kindergarten in Sydney.
I am panicking trying to get them into a top school in London. I am looking at Kensington & Chelsea areas but will go outside this area for a great school. Both my boys are bright and very athletic so I am looking for a school to challenge them and nurture them. Any advice? I would really appreciate last minute tips and recommendations for schools. It can be private or state (*if recommended)
thanks

Arty3542 Sun 10-Jul-16 14:27:18

Ha, I don't know how much of a help I will be. We're moving from the States and don't know about the areas or schools.

Anyone know how the Kensington area is? How are the families? Overall vibe? I know it's a very wealthy area but is there also a mix of people?

milothemonkey Sun 10-Jul-16 16:16:19

Depends which area of Kensington. North and West Kensington are slightly more mixed but, overall, it is a very wealthy borough with a pretty homogeneous crowd.

Arty3542 Sun 10-Jul-16 18:19:36

I see. Which areas are considered West Kensignton?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now