Talk

Advanced search

Y2 sats

(7 Posts)
Throughautomaticdoors Fri 08-Jul-16 15:56:29

If the child gets expected is that equivalent to the old level 2 and exceeding the old level 3?

Thanks!

Galena Sat 09-Jul-16 21:33:59

No. These tests are testing the new curriculum which requires deeper understanding of more topics. To meet the expected standard now, children are probably a higher level than the 'expected level' of 2b previously.

ClarasZoo Sun 10-Jul-16 09:35:36

Hi Galena - are you a teacher? My DS is not very academic so I am not concerned particularly that he has not met expected in a couple of areas. So if achieving "expected" now is a little higher than 2b (2a?), what is exceeding? Old 3a?

Galena Sun 10-Jul-16 10:06:37

You really cannot compare the results on this test to levels. They are testing a completely different curriculum. It means nothing and is pointless to try to equate these results to levels.

I am a qualified teacher, but working as a TA.

ClarasZoo Sun 10-Jul-16 14:08:56

thanks Galena
I am just trying to equate to the "old money" as that is what I knew/understood. My DS has "working towards" in some categories, which I guess puts him below average... My DD has exceeded in all areas, which I guess puts her above average.

mrz Sun 10-Jul-16 14:59:44

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-36703784 you can't I'm afraid

Galena Mon 11-Jul-16 07:25:18

No, you really can't. It may be that 'average' is 'working towards' in some areas. The curriculum is so completely different, it's like comparing apples to octopuses. There is no meaningful comparison.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now