Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a school gate nemesis?

(4 Posts)
FurrowAndBawl Fri 08-Jul-16 11:50:53

I do! Mine loves to tell me I'm late when I arrive to drop off DS at school. I find it irritating and secretly hilarious in equal measure. I am honestly never actually late (DS has never had a late mark) but more 'on time by the seat of my pants'. This suits me fine as I like to get in and get out. I usually need to head onto work straight from school and I am also not one for hanging around gossiping. My nemesis, on the other hand is omnipresent it seems and clearly very interested/concerned about my morning schedule. Any amusing suggestions ?

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 08-Jul-16 12:07:59

i sort of did...we live in the sticks so children were bus children, and I rarely did the school run

Also dh worked shifts so sometimes he would drop off or pick up just because, and dh was always a bit flirty with a couple of good friends (and vice versa) ...and her eyes would pop out of her head

Anyway she always seemed to take great interest in this, and especially after dh got a secondment down south for a couple of years and was rarely there, she made up all sorts of scenarios (divorce, separation, other woman) and tried them out on the other mothers to see what info she could winkle out

Not helped by me "performance parenting" the children out of school "hurry up because don't forget it's daddy's place this weekend....." when we were all off on a jolly and not even the slightest bit divorced.

She was a right busybody!

hownottofuckup Fri 08-Jul-16 12:10:43

Yes my BIL grin
I like to take a step back from the school gates malarkey, it seems far too easy for people to fall out.

Kitsandkids Fri 08-Jul-16 17:47:36

I have someone who has decided to stop speaking to me. I don't know what I've done but presumably she has a reason. We're going to an event next week as part of a group of 8 mums and I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now