Primary schools in Warwick, Leamington or Stratford

(4 Posts)
Crism80 Fri 08-Jul-16 09:54:18

Hi everyone, I am just wondering if there is anyone here who could advise on any good primaries in Warwick, Leamington or Stratford? We are looking to move over the summer and need to find a place for our 8years old in one of the local schools.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 08-Jul-16 10:02:14

Stratford County Primary (Broad Street School) is still very popular but Ofsted reports in recent years haven't been good at all. Although friends with children at the school say they're happy, as were DH & I when we attended but that was 20ish years ago. The Willows is meant to be good. I personally liked Thomas Jolyffe although it doesn't have a great rep due to it being in the 'poorer' area of the town but they were fabulous with niece when she was going through an awful lot of changes (she lived with us for a term).

My children are at Bidford on Avon Primary (if you'll be looking at outlying villages at all) it's fantastic imho, it's not huge but also isn't tiny, has an experienced & supportive teaching staff & has lovely outdoor areas that are utilised well. It really is part of the community.

I've no idea aboit W'wick & Lem I'm afraid.

Crism80 Fri 08-Jul-16 14:23:54

Thanks very much for your reply! I've been also wondering about Bridge Town Primary. Do you know anything about this school? Thanks again!

DesperatelySeeking2016 Sun 10-Jul-16 20:55:04

Bridge town is meant to be very good. With all of them I think you need to check whether they are oversubscribed or not. I also only know Stratford and surrounding area. Village-wise Welford on Avon is an excellent school and Kineton is another good one. Bernards I would love to get my kids into Bidford if we move back. I went to Shottery St Andrew's primary which was a lovely little school at the time (28 years ago!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now