School's failing on safeguarding

(9 Posts)
Doda4r5t6y7u Thu 07-Jul-16 18:34:37

When you reported a safeguarding issue, did your school treat YOU as the problem?

TeenAndTween Thu 07-Jul-16 19:50:27

Perhaps if you gave more detail you would get some guidance?

I have only reported a safeguarding issue once when my DD's photo accidentally made it into the local paper. The HT was very apologetic and looked in to the reasons immediately. (Turned out the paper itself hadn't followed procedures).

What was the issue?

UbiquityTree Thu 07-Jul-16 20:04:37

I reported a safeguarding concern where I was the problem, and I was (and am) nonetheless treated respectfully and helpfully.

clam Thu 07-Jul-16 20:26:16

It entirely depends on a number of factors. Need more info.

Doda4r5t6y7u Thu 07-Jul-16 20:37:35

There seems to be a pattern of this happening in a few schools. Noone can give details of individual cases here, but some quotes from recent inspection reports have been posted, and as reports are public documents, Here they are: keepchildrensafe9.wixsite.com/mysite

PicInAttic Thu 07-Jul-16 20:56:53

Don't those quotes all refer to the same independent school not 'a few schools' or have I misread?

Think in most state schools safeguarding issues are followed up rigorously both due to the impact that can be had on children's lives and because it is an immediate Ofsted fail if they're not. Both if those reasons tend to focus the mind.

Doda4r5t6y7u Thu 07-Jul-16 21:16:03

Shame that children are not as safe in private schools.

prh47bridge Thu 07-Jul-16 22:53:09

To jump from reports about safeguarding concerns at one independent school to a conclusion that children are less safe in independent schools is a huge stretch. There are state schools that have safeguarding issues. There are independent schools that have safeguarding issues. Thankfully such schools are in a tiny minority in both sectors.

BeenThereTooSEL Thu 07-Jul-16 23:10:56

You know that independent schools can be pupil referral units & schools registered just for pupils with EBD right? I don't see what you're getting at?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now