Has anyone got their Y6's SATS results from school yet?

(38 Posts)
hillyhilly Thu 07-Jul-16 17:50:21

Just that really, no word from school as to whether or when these will be shared, I don't give them huge importance and the school was v low key about them but I'd like to know all the same

CPtart Thu 07-Jul-16 18:05:58

Schools got them on Tuesday I believe. We haven't got ours yet. Tomorrow I think for us with the annual report.

spanieleyes Thu 07-Jul-16 18:15:11

the school has to send you the scaled score and whether they have met/not met the standard.

canteventhinkofaname Thu 07-Jul-16 18:16:47

I got my son's yesterday. He got exactly 100 for each of the areas which is the minimum score you need to reach 'expected standard' . I found a website which gives info on the raw scores and scaled scores which is interesting to look at once you have the results. schoolsweek.co.uk/scaled-scores-for-key-stage-2-tests-announced/
Although I'm relieved he reached the level...( just) I'm not keen on this pass/fail system and the kids getting told their results at school.

Mandzi34 Thu 07-Jul-16 18:18:20

I got mine for DS at his parents evening tonight and it was just as spanieleyes says above. The short letter was really nice and reiterated the importance of the school report itself, which we had last week.

Honeyandfizz Thu 07-Jul-16 18:25:09

Yes got ds yesterday he did over 100 in his BUT the teacher read them out to me at parents evening open night with a room full of parents which I really dislike. I personally think they are of no benefit whatsoever for my child having had dd go through them last year.

PicInAttic Thu 07-Jul-16 21:04:14

We share ours with the children before we send them out with their reports. Meet each child privately and discuss them together. Whether they share them with others is up to them. We do this all through the year with whatever tests we've done so, by now, it doesn't seem a big deal and they're very good at knowing who does and doesn't like to share.

Haven't shared or sent them yet as we have a number of borderline children we need to check first.

Boogers Thu 07-Jul-16 21:07:58

DS did his yr6 SATs last year and we were all handed an envelope in sports day. It was a bit clunky how it was done but at least there was no 'ta-da, that's how well you've done' presenting of the envelope and dreaded walk home for the kids.

woollyscarf Thu 07-Jul-16 21:20:24

What do the scores mean? DD got hers today and says that she feels like she failed.

I've no idea at all whether she's done well or not.

AChickenCalledKorma Thu 07-Jul-16 22:38:01

No, not yet. There is a parents evening next week, so i'm guessing we get reports tomorrow and they'll probably be in there. I hope so anyway - sometime soon DD will get suspicious of me oh-so-casually asking if she has any "letters" from school!

nancy75 Thu 07-Jul-16 22:41:18

I think we get them tomorrow with end of year reports

hillyhilly Thu 07-Jul-16 22:42:13

We had the reports last week but although some of the kids have been told they're coming, there's no sign of them

dataandspot Thu 07-Jul-16 22:47:15

Woolly- scores range form 80-120.

Expected standard is 100.

sparepantsandtoothbrush Thu 07-Jul-16 22:53:45

We share ours with the children before we send them out with their reports. Meet each child privately and discuss them together

As a parent I would be rather pissed off if you did this! Why do your school even think this is a good approach?

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 08-Jul-16 07:21:56

I agree with sparepantsandtoothbrush. I have been trying to play down the significance of SATs all year and a private meeting to discuss the results would make it feel like a very big deal for DD. Not to mention the fact that if she hasn't met the standard I would like to have some warning of that before she arrives home in a state (which she undoubtedly will in that situation even though she will hold it together while at school)

woollyscarf Fri 08-Jul-16 08:02:46

It looks like my DD has done OK, then. But what annoys me is that she feels like she's failed.

monkeywithacowface Fri 08-Jul-16 08:09:01

Yes we have ours. DS did well but would like to know what the scores mean in "old money"

JustCallMeDory Fri 08-Jul-16 12:27:29

Yup, we got DD's raw and scaled scores yesterday. They given them individulaly and in private.

The DC all know that 100 is a pass, but they weren't given an idea of how they'd 'done' if they were above 100 - just that the closer they were to 120 the better.

Does anyone know if there's a national breakdown of what percentage of children nationally got e.g. 80-90, 90-100, 100-110, etc? I know there have been stats on pass rates, but has anyone seen a more detailed breakdown?

Titsywoo Fri 08-Jul-16 12:31:23

Our school are giving them to us as part of the end of year report. They said they think the teachers assessment and report will give us a much better view of how are children are doing so this way we get all the information together.

tiggytwig Fri 08-Jul-16 12:34:15

My DS's class got theirs on Wednesday and nearly all of them passed. My DS passed so that is something less to think about before the start of secondary school during the summer holiday.

snowy508601 Fri 08-Jul-16 16:40:35

Does anyone know if there's a national breakdown of what percentage of children nationally got e.g. 80-90, 90-100, 100-110, etc?
Yes I want to know that too! I thought knowing what centile they were on was how the new system was billed?

The kids hd the results handed to them at hometime in an envelope addressed to parents.

hillyhilly Fri 08-Jul-16 17:19:07

We got ours today, with a good explanation of scaled scores and how the school has done compared to nationally (well).
DD did well and is really pleased except with her maths where her score was lower than she expected - we suspect she dropped a few silly marks by not checking her answers.
Actually despite the bashing, for us, and I realise we may be unusual, the whole process has been fine and the outcome what we expected. Seems like a whole load of work and grief on the teachers though and for the kids that didn't get the 100 scaled score

JustCallMeDory Fri 08-Jul-16 17:35:51

hillyhilly

a good explanation of scaled scores

did they give you the bands for 'expected for age' and 'above expected' or whatever they're calling it?

FionaJT Fri 08-Jul-16 17:38:01

Ours came out today with their reports but no real explanation of what the scores meant, so thanks very much for the link upthread - now I know what they mean! The children had also been given them individually by their teacher in school yesterday, they all seemed pretty positive about it afterwards and I am sure she took the opportunity to praise the work of those who didn't do so well.

PonderingProsecco Fri 08-Jul-16 18:36:01

Next Thursday for us with the report.
Frowned upon if ask class teacher I have found out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now