Talk

Advanced search

Gift for a teacher - a few years later

(5 Posts)
EverythingWillBeFine Wed 06-Jul-16 11:09:36

dc2 is in Y6 so this is her very last weeks in primary.
I have been thinking about her time at school and two teachers really stand out, in that they have both made a HUGE difference in dc2 life.
One is her current teacher, another is a teacher she had in reception.
That reception teacher was sooo good and really went well over what she 'ought' to do. And I have to say I'm not sure I've convey how much I've appreciated what she did for dd sad

I have been thinking of going in and giving a gift to her recpetion teacher (as well as her cuirrent one of course!). Does it sound like a crazy idea?

starry0ne Wed 06-Jul-16 11:55:12

I am not a teacher but from things I have read on here a letter to the teacher is probably much more appreciated than anything else..

EverythingWillBeFine Wed 06-Jul-16 20:37:01

Bumping for the evening.

Yes i agree about the letter and was thinking about having a letter and a bunch of flowers.

Galena Wed 06-Jul-16 20:48:18

A letter and a small gift would mean the world! Just the acknowledgement that, even after all these years, you appreciated what she did would be lovely.

Dc3name3 Wed 06-Jul-16 20:54:23

I was teaching lower down the school when one of the year 6 leavers gave me an outdoor plant she had home grown with a lovely card. I was so touched. Definitely do the letter and flowers/plant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now