Commute in Bickley from Bickley Park School

(7 Posts)
june79 Wed 06-Jul-16 02:38:51

Hi,

My son is starting at Bickley Park School in September. And we are trying to move in Bickley/Bromley area. I want to know what is the easy way of commute other than the car. Our nanny would be picking him up form school but not sure what is the best way to travel in that area. I wonder if I should look for a nanny who can drive..? Thanks,

EricXXGmex Wed 06-Jul-16 11:23:45

For many years people got by simply by walking smile A lot of the children at the school my child attends arrive on scooters or bikes.

How far is the journey from your house to the school?

noramum Wed 06-Jul-16 12:00:48

Bromley has a decent bus network. Check with bus lines are around the school.

Parking around Bickley Park school is horrendous, I would avoid the car if possible.

wineoclockthanks Wed 06-Jul-16 13:30:35

A number of buses have stops very close and the school is only a few minutes walk from Bickley Train station.

As others have said, it's a nightmare to drive and park around the school and a lot of people walk.

june79 Thu 07-Jul-16 06:24:38

thanks guys, it's because he is 4 and I guess a bit young to walk 15 min towards the end of the day. We are still looking for a place to rent near the school but most of options are around 1mile distance, which I am not sure if too much for a child to commute.

mishmash1979 Thu 07-Jul-16 06:28:07

15 min walk is too much??!!

Brokenbiscuit Thu 07-Jul-16 06:37:32

1 mile isn't too much for a young child at all, assuming no disabilities. I used to walk more than that as a 3yo to get to playgroup and other activities - we had to, in those days, because my mum didn't drive.

It will do him good, and he will quickly get used to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now