Talk

Advanced search

Edinburgh schools questions

(5 Posts)
Saleve8 Thu 02-Jun-16 09:12:30

Good morning! We are relocating to Edinburgh from France at very late notice and am looking into the Edinburgh state schools. We do not yet have an address so of course no one can give us a guaranteed place. I am looking at the following areas and have been in touch with most of the schools. Could any of you who are local give me any feedback on the following primary schools please? It would be much appreciated!
Balerno (Dean Park)
Juniper Green
Currie Primaries ( both of them)
Carstorphine
Sth Morningside tried, forget it!
As an outside option any feedback on Peebles primaries? And anything north of the bridge Rosyth? Or even further west than Balerno. We r v flexible as long as westish as husband commuting to London 3 days a week. Main thing is a good school area and being slightly rural is not a problem.
Many thanks in advance.

prettybird Thu 02-Jun-16 09:36:18

I'm in Glasgow so can't help - but you might get a better response if you post in the Scotsnet topic.

Saleve8 Thu 02-Jun-16 10:10:00

Thank you and will check that! Just finding my way round here!

bunnie1975 Wed 08-Jun-16 14:49:33

Can vouch for Dean Park/Juniper Green being good, my oldest two went to Juniper Green & loved it .

KingLooieCatz Wed 08-Jun-16 18:56:20

Even better try the Mumsnet Local Edinburgh page.Millions of previous threads about schools as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now