Talk

Advanced search

Help with yr 3 homework please?

(14 Posts)
SKYTVADDICT Fri 20-May-16 20:34:36

Hi - ds (7) hasn't a clue what these anagrams of world war 2 events are and I have googled but no joy. Does anyone know what the missing 3 are please? We are not spending all weekend on this!

Chewbecca Fri 20-May-16 20:40:56

No! Too hard! I've been really trying but cannot. I'd stick a note in and say couldn't work it out and forget about it.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Fri 20-May-16 20:42:38

Eat as Raw = war at sea

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Fri 20-May-16 20:43:04

Red waster = desert war

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Fri 20-May-16 20:43:28

No promise these are right, I found them on Google

OrangeSquashTallGlass Fri 20-May-16 20:43:46

As a Year 3 teacher: leave it at those and just write a note underneath saying 'we did this for x amount of time but stopped at this point as DC couldon't name any more events to fit the anagrams'.

That homework was either set to a)test how well the pupils know the events of WW2 or b) prompt research on the events in order to solve the anagrams. If your DC doesn't know the events and you can't be bothered to do research then what's the point in carrying on with it? You've done enough now, enjoy your weekend smile.

SKYTVADDICT Fri 20-May-16 20:44:44

Thank god for that - thought it was just me 😂. I thought homework was supposed to be reinforcing what they had learned in class too! He has never heard of Pearl Harbour or Hiroshima! Will send the note 😀

SKYTVADDICT Fri 20-May-16 20:47:29

Thanks someday and I have researched Orangesquash! We googled together but war at sea - really an event? Hmm will definitely send a note

OrangeSquashTallGlass Fri 20-May-16 20:54:36

Read that back and realised I sounded judgey. Absolutely didn't mean that! Except judging the teacher for crap homework.

playinthedarkness Fri 20-May-16 20:56:52

Operation Barbarossa (thank god for Google!)

nicp123 Fri 20-May-16 21:03:20

Dunk Kirk?

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Fri 20-May-16 21:09:37

Yes it's Operation Barbarossa.

Have they covered those events at all? And I'd agree that the War at sea probably isn't an event. Battle of the Atlantic might have been a better option.

SKYTVADDICT Fri 20-May-16 21:17:13

Blimey Barborossa never came up in my search 😂. Will ask him tomorrow but I doubt he has heard of it! Thanks all. No worries orangesquash - we have a fair bit of crap homework! I also have a ds in yr 4 and it is different to his homework last year - quite pleased they are varying it.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Fri 20-May-16 21:25:06

I don't think it's something that normally comes up in primary. It relates to the German plan to invade the Soviet Union.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now