Talk

Advanced search

Primary school admin staff / waiting list

(5 Posts)
2512BC Fri 20-May-16 20:32:49

Hi

I received an email from school asking if we still wanted our child's name on the list - it's the first time we have been asked since we applied in reception - he is now year 3 - could this mean we are near the top ? Just got email so I can't call to find out until Monday - thanks

dajen Fri 20-May-16 21:20:37

It may mean you are near the top but more likely they are just wanting to 'tidy up' the waiting list. It would not be unusual for a child to be very settled in a school after 3 years and if you have not been in touch with the school in all that time they probably genuinely want to know if you still want to remain on the list. No doubt many names have been added in the last 3 years.
Schools are only required to maintain a waiting list for reception intake until the end of the autumn term but may keep for longer if they wish.

2512BC Fri 20-May-16 21:26:12

Oh I see - makes sense - Thank you

littlecupcake Sat 21-May-16 23:21:53

We had an email asking this question last week. Half an hour later I got a call with an offer of a place!

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sun 22-May-16 15:28:49

We had a similar email but when we asked we were 2nd. Having said that a space came up a few weeks later and he got it. I think that they want to be able to offer a space as soon as it comes up and don't want to ring 15 people to find one who wants the space. Obviously they would need to ring person 1, make a reasonable attempt to contact them and offer a space. After 4 years some will be settled some will have moved etc. Ring again in 2-3 weeks and ask where you are on the list. Or maybe there is a space and you are top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now