Talk

Advanced search

Bs college versus Howe green

(6 Posts)
Kateg13 Fri 20-May-16 07:51:55

Hi mums can anyone give a recent review of the bs college prep school and Howe green school? For our four year old? I'm swaying towards Howe green as appears less intense environment more nurturing but very keen on bs college still especially for secondary school.

bella70 Sun 22-May-16 12:36:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BoGrainger Mon 23-May-16 23:01:13

Isn't it hard to get into secondary schools in BS if you don't go to a feeder school? Although it may depend on distance in some categories, I can't remember as It's a long time since my children were in year 7.

bella70 Tue 24-May-16 06:44:14

BoGrainger Tue 24-May-16 07:37:58

It's a shame because 20 years ago Howe Green filled a niche, although we were all horrified when 2 year olds were expected to start full-time (just sleeping all afternoon though) to basically secure their place for infants. Parents I knew who entered their children for yrs5/6 were always pleased with the education they received but the climate now has changed with the clamour over secondary places. Do you think it will become non-viable shortly?

bella70 Tue 24-May-16 09:37:49

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now