Talk

Advanced search

Any advice on Chatlotte House, Royal Masonic, St Hilda's and St Margarets please?

(11 Posts)
Homely1 Thu 19-May-16 06:32:34

I am looking at a variety of schools and just wonder if anyone has an opinion on the above schools please? Are they academic? Am I missing any in NW London other that St Helen's, Habs, NLCS? Thank you.

Homely1 Thu 19-May-16 20:42:52

Anyone?

Homely1 Tue 24-May-16 05:29:25

Would love to hear some views

mnistooaddictive Tue 24-May-16 05:52:40

Try mumsnet local.

CeciCC Tue 24-May-16 12:37:20

Hi, I don't have personal experience in those schools as my DDs are in state schools, but I friends with DD in Royal Masonic and charlotte house. All my friends are happy with their DDs schooling. Royal Masonic has a variety of girls, I don't think is only for the very intelligent but my friends oldest was at RMS from 4 till Y11 she is now doing medicine. She moved for 6th Form as she wanted a change of scenery, nothing wrong with the school. Her GSCE grades were all A /A*. If you don't want to have the hassle of 11+ then RMS is your school. I think Charlotte house is very similar type of school as RMS, as they cater well for all abilities, the only "negative" is that your DD will have to pass the 11+ for other secondary schools, but they'll prepare her for it. My oldest DD has friends in her secondary school that attended Charlotte House for primary, and all of them a nice girls, some more intelligent than others, like in any school.

Homely1 Tue 24-May-16 17:56:07

Thank you so much! I know that my DD is young but is showing signs of being academic. I do not know if these schools would be right for her as I have heard that they are not so academic?

I will try mumsnet local too!

Whistlejackets Sat 04-Jun-16 21:07:23

Is Queenswood near Hatfield too far, if not may be worth a look.

Net12 Thu 09-Jun-16 11:20:23

Charlotte House has a range of ability and in my experience they get the best out of every girl - if you look at their 11+ results they send girls on to a range of schools including some very academic elite places like Habs and Rodean.

CruCru Thu 09-Jun-16 21:20:10

I would also suggest that you look at St Christopher's, which I thought was fantastic. Plus Sarum Hall.

CruCru Thu 09-Jun-16 21:20:45

Also, St Anthony's is opening a school for girls in NW11 this September.

CruCru Thu 09-Jun-16 21:21:20

Just noticed that you don't have South Hampstead on your list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now