Talk

Advanced search

Results of Y2 Sats

(42 Posts)
PotteryLottery Fri 13-May-16 23:43:16

Will parents be given the test scripts or marks or just expected / exceeding / working towards etc???

Feenie Fri 13-May-16 23:53:29

You'll be given a teacher assessment for reading, writng, maths and science. The tests will.inform the teacher assessment, but schools are not required to report it.

Feenie Fri 13-May-16 23:54:36

The teacher assessment will take the form you describe - working towards, working at or working at greater depth.

PotteryLottery Sat 14-May-16 17:54:19

If I ask to see the test scripts will they think I am bonkers? Just interested to know where my DD needs practice.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 14-May-16 17:58:59

Personally I would be guided by what the teacher says and not worry about what happened in one test.

Ellison8996 Sat 14-May-16 18:49:03

You have every right to ask for the scores and they will have to give them to you.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Sat 14-May-16 19:46:12

If I ask to see the test scripts will they think I am bonkers? Just interested to know where my DD needs practice.

Yes, they will.
Just ask the teacher if there is anything she needs to practice.

Myothercarisalsoshit Sat 14-May-16 20:52:43

You're unlikely to get the scripts as I think they have to be kept in case of examination for fraud.

mrz Sat 14-May-16 21:54:21

Key Stage 1 tests aren't even reported so there not sure where fraud could be involved.

PotteryLottery Sat 14-May-16 22:21:26

I don't want to take them away, just have a quick look at them. We did sample papers together so I am interested to see how she got on for real.

If we hadn't done sample papers, as I guess I won't be doing in Y3, I wouldn't be interested in seeing the tests.

mrz Sun 15-May-16 06:50:16

There aren't any tests in Y3/4/5

Ellison8996 Sun 15-May-16 07:25:33

The results must be reported somewhere, otherwise there would have been no point insisting on exam conditions surely? ( total cynic here)

Can you not Just ask her teacher what the weak spots are if you are wanting to do work with her.

Did you think they were easy compared to usual Mrz?

mrz Sun 15-May-16 08:09:24

The results aren't reported anywhere

Ellison8996 Sun 15-May-16 10:40:39

The government don't collect the results at all?

JerryFerry Sun 15-May-16 10:44:26

Does anyone else find this thread really sad? How did it ever get to the point where there are such high levels of anxiety about the progress of such a young child, it is quite depressing.

Mov1ngOn Sun 15-May-16 10:48:29

You sound over invested in the year 2 sats to me. (Meant kindly, I can see how wanting to support them and do well can turn into a "thing".)

My daughter doesn't really know they're happening. I'm certainly not going over them with her at home (apart from the odd sheet they've sent for homework.)

I'm an overachieving teacher... and v pro teaching exam practice and technique for say gcse's. But so very not for a 6 year old.

Mov1ngOn Sun 15-May-16 10:49:48

Jerry - cross post and yes. I think testing children has all sorts of unintended consequences, such as well meaning parents plying this kind of pressure as well of course as the year 2 curriculum being squeezed in many schools to become sats focused.

MrsKCastle Sun 15-May-16 11:02:05

The results must be reported somewhere, otherwise there would have been no point insisting on exam conditions surely? ( total cynic here)

Hence the frustration from Y2 teachers... There is absolutely no need for exam conditions, the tests are supposed to be one of many pieces of evidence we use to make our teacher assessments.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 15-May-16 12:59:16

The government don't collect the results at all?

No, that's the reason for the early sampling. In KS2 they will have the results for the whole cohort that took the test. In KS1, they would have had nothing to use to set the 'pass' mark. They needed the early samples to guage how easy or hard children found the questions on the test and set the standard for everyone else.

Ellison8996 Sun 15-May-16 13:04:37

See the cynic in me would suggest...
It is rare for an organisation to spend money on something and then not collect the results. (The key stage one results would make for interesting analysis for the government. )

Ellison8996 Sun 15-May-16 13:06:24

That's right they do need the results to set the scales scores don't they? Therefore they met be collecting the results?

spanieleyes Sun 15-May-16 13:15:14

Only the results from the early sampling tests, not the cohort tests.

spanieleyes Sun 15-May-16 13:16:50

*For 2016 KS1 tests, conversion tables will be published on GOV.UK by the end of May 2016. In future years the marking guidance for the KS1 tests will include conversion tables.

Teachers will need to use these to translate pupils’ raw scores into scaled scores to see whether each pupil has met the national standard. You should use the scaled scores to inform your teacher assessment judgements.*

( quote from DfE)

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 15-May-16 13:49:19

As spaniel says, only the results from the early sampling tests. That's why they were used. No other test results will be collected.

There is a feeling that we may be moving towards testing only in KS1, but for now it still works in a similar way as under the old system where the test results weren't reported to the local authority or anywhere else. Parents can request them, but that's about it.

Ellison8996 Sun 15-May-16 14:45:46

That's amazing and crazy. Why on earth have they done the tests?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now