Talk

Advanced search

To drop off or stay?

(8 Posts)
Mandzi34 Fri 13-May-16 20:56:22

DS has been invited to a party tomorrow afternoon by a boy from his nursery. He doesn't have that much to do with the boy but does know him. The invitation was given to all at the nursery so I'm not sure who will attend. I've been told DS can stay alone (he's 4) and will be looked after or DH and DD can stay with him. I've told DH to leave him there if he's happy and collect him later. DH is horrified by this idea as I don't really know the family.

What do you think?

Saracen Fri 13-May-16 21:47:24

The hosts have made it clear that either way would be acceptable. This is quite sensible of them, as some 4yos are ready to be left and others aren't.

As your DH is horrified at the idea of leaving your son and he is the one who'd have to stay, why not go along with whatever he wants to do? Sounds like he has strong feelings about it.

ImNotChangingMyUsernameAgain Sat 14-May-16 08:55:53

Where I live the norm is for parents to stay at parties during reception year. It starts to tail off around the middle of year 1.

citykat Sat 14-May-16 11:07:18

Query DD tho. How old is she? Is she invited? Uninvited siblings at parties can be a sore point. I would leave DS if he is happy to be left.

Chalk2000 Sat 14-May-16 12:39:05

If your happy leaving him and the parents hosting the party are fine with it then go for it. Daughter is in year one now and agree most parents are dropping off now...some hang about still

louisejxxx Sat 14-May-16 13:04:48

I have stayed at all parties thus far and ds is coming to the end of yr 1...I'd probably think about starting to leave him now so long as one of the other mum's I'm familiar with was there and was happy to watch him (I'd never just go without asking anyone not to watch out for him).

If your dh isn't comfortable and he's doing the party then I'd go with what he wants.

Mandzi34 Sat 14-May-16 14:03:15

Thanks all. DD is 8. Think DP will need to stay as DS went to a party this morning and I stayed. He was quite clingy for at least half an hour and only sat down with DD (she was invited as another child didn't turn up).

LittleNelle Sat 14-May-16 14:52:17

I stayed for nursery and reception parties, have left DS in Year 1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now