Talk

Advanced search

change of time in after school clubs finishings.

(8 Posts)
Eliana29 Fri 29-Apr-16 20:40:31

My two children use the afters chook club, this is their second year. They run it from 3-6:00pm but now they changed it to 5:45 pm due to some parents coming after 6:00pm. I can't make it for 5:45 but I do pick my children always before 6:00. They are saying there will be extra charge if I collect them after 6:00. The governed have made a decision event hough am paying till 6:00pm. Is this fare? Is there any way I can challenge them as they said the service will be until 6 when they send the letter last year with the pricing and facilities.

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Fri 29-Apr-16 20:49:17

It sounds fine to me. You'll only get billed more if you are after 6pm.

The stated reason does make sense.

Eliana29 Fri 29-Apr-16 21:02:04

No I mean after 5:45.

Eliana29 Fri 29-Apr-16 21:20:34

NO I mean after 5:45 they will charge me.

LittleNelle Fri 29-Apr-16 22:48:32

I'd want the 15 minutes reduction to the bill.

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sat 30-Apr-16 06:56:25

They are maybe missing the point that maybe their provision needs to be extended not reduced, it's not as if those arriving after 6 are having a jolly, they're probably just getting back from work.

I can see why they might want to charge more, but can't they see first whether there would be interest in paying say an extra £5 for provision until 6.15 or £10 fine if you turn up after 6 unannounced. I agree it seems unfair to change the goal posts without notice especially if it is no cheaper. It's like washing powder which stays the same price for a smaller box - stealth inflation.

catkind Sat 30-Apr-16 08:18:15

They are allowed to increase the price of the service or change the hours. They should give some notice of the change though so that parents can make alternative arrangements if they want. I'd expect at least a month's notice. Though I do wonder if they have some idea to not actually fine unless they're after 6, but then those ones can't say 'oh but I'm only 5 minutes late'.

Is there someone you can talk to in person about the problem? (Not the after school club staff, it won't be up to them.) Or could you get together with other parents affected and ask for a meeting with the ASC provider?

Longer term, if the new service doesn't work for you, you may prefer to find alternative childcare. Are there any CMs in your area?

Eliana29 Tue 03-May-16 09:35:23

Thanks for the replies all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now