Islington primary admissions

(15 Posts)
emanuela Tue 26-Apr-16 16:26:01

Hi all,

Asking for a friend
Could anybody please copy in here the page showing maximum distance offered in Islington?

I would really appreciate it, he is very stressed about it.

Thanks!

Coffeeismycupoftea Tue 26-Apr-16 18:32:21

www.islington.gov.uk/services/schools-learning/5-16/admissions/cut-off-distance-maps/Pages/Cut-off-Distance-Maps.aspx

You have to click on school individually. Btw, I just googled Islington primary last distance offered...

Rosebud05 Tue 26-Apr-16 18:47:00

That's last years (children who are in reception now).

OP wants 2016/17 distances.

emanuela Tue 26-Apr-16 19:45:45

Yes indeed I wanted this year's distances (basically the paper which is sent to people who applied in the borough). If anybody has it, I would be grateful.

Thanks!

What1984 Tue 26-Apr-16 22:11:26

Why does he want it, and when does he want it by?

I ask because this information usually becomes available generally reasonably soon, but maybe he needs it urgently?

Rosebud05 Tue 26-Apr-16 22:22:24

It's not usually published until September. It would be helpful for OP if someone could photo and upload their letter or type in the distances.

If you have a specific question OP, like what was the last distance offered and how far away do I live, the LA will be able to answer that for you now.

Coffeeismycupoftea Tue 26-Apr-16 23:22:22

Oh sorry I misunderstood your question. I'm in Islington and I don't remember ever getting a letter like that.

CruCru Wed 27-Apr-16 09:51:09

I am also in Islington and haven't had this letter.

titchy Wed 27-Apr-16 09:57:43

Most LEAs dont publish that information until much later in the year. They're too busy actually administering admissions right now. If it's needed for an appeal however that should be supplied as part of the appeal pack, as well as their distance.

drspouse Wed 27-Apr-16 10:05:15

I got the information for one school by emailing (different LA). They'd probably give a few out upon enquiry, but not all.

emanuela Wed 27-Apr-16 10:15:41

He is in the process of buying a house that could or could not be in yerbury catchment. He might pull out anyway as he wants more certainty but he wanted to know how the catchment area has evolved. Thanks!

PatriciaHolm Wed 27-Apr-16 10:25:26

Historical distances are online which would give him a steer. He could ring Islington council and ask, they might be able to tell him.

And there is no certainty with these things! Even if he lived well within historical distances, an unusually high siblings year could scupper it.

titchy Wed 27-Apr-16 10:29:40

Or quads moving in over the road!

What1984 Wed 27-Apr-16 10:46:53

My understanding is that Haringey provide the information on distances for their schools WITH the offer letter. I think we can take it Islington does not. I agree that the usual date for Islington to publish is when they issue next year's admissions booklet in September. However its a computer generated report so it might be worth asking them

BUT

I am not sure how useful the most up to date, ie for Autumn 2016 info would be... for the OP's enquiry.

emanuela Wed 27-Apr-16 17:04:41

Thanks all. I think the best approach is to assume that catchment areas shrink by 10% per annum and buy closer to the school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now