Talk

Advanced search

Desperately unhappy 5yo

(8 Posts)
2ndSopranosRule Sun 24-Apr-16 19:38:21

Dd2 spends the entirety of every weekend saying she doesn't want to go to school. She tells us there's a little boy who's being silly toward her and is actively encouraging - successfully - dd's best friend to be silly toward her. The boy snatches her glasses, says her name wrongly over and over again, wiped his nose on her and spat at her. This has come from dd I should stress, but I've seen the silly name repetition for myself.

I'm going to talk to the teacher this week but I hate how sad she is. By Sunday she is a sobbing mess.

I don't know what to do.

PonderingProsecco Sun 24-Apr-16 19:44:49

Please speak to teacher.
Make an appointment so time for a proper chat, not just at class door.
Maybe a note for Monday so teacher aware.
This needs sorting out so your dd can enjoy school.
Good luck....

Believeitornot Sun 24-Apr-16 20:03:39

I would have spoken to the teacher after the first incident. Ds had an issue with a child in reception and I mentioned it from day one that it happened.

So talk to the teacher tomorrow! Also talk to your dd and tell her you're telling the teacher, that she won't be in trouble, and you are helping her.

2ndSopranosRule Sun 24-Apr-16 20:13:04

I'll have to email tomorrow - she's at breakfast and after school club.

catkind Sun 24-Apr-16 20:27:49

My feeling is your DD shouldn't have to put up with this for one day once she's done the right thing and told an adult. They're very small. Email or drop message into the office or call, whatever you think will get to the teacher before class.

Infant teachers are used to having to deal with these things, and our experience at least has been brilliant - one email and the problem was sorted same day for DS.

MunchCrunch01 Sun 24-Apr-16 20:31:10

My dd (5) got like this over being slapped/soft hitting by another child, after the 3rd time we went in, it stopped. Go in after every incident, and make clear the impact it's having -ngood luck op

2ndSopranosRule Mon 25-Apr-16 06:45:13

I emailed so the teacher will get it today. Turns out dh has already spoken to the teacher which I hasn't realised.

Seryph Mon 25-Apr-16 10:10:20

Can you find a silly rhyme for the little boy's name for her to use when he starts? My name is very close to a familiar childhood noise (think barn animal noises, or emergency vehicles) and was followed by it for years and years! But in YrR one boy did it everyday, my parents spoke to the teacher and told me to call him a silly name from TV of old (think Andy Pandy/Bill and Ben kind of thing).
He got the idea pretty quickly and moved on, it still came up but wasn't a daily thing.

I would also second going to the teacher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now