Talk

Advanced search

Marlborough Primary School (Chelsea, London).....recent experience anyone?

(12 Posts)
mycrazytoddler Tue 19-Apr-16 00:06:36

Does anyone have any recent experience of Marlborough Primary School, just been allocated for DS, not one of our choices so looking for some reassurance? Brutal truth, good or bad.......I NEED to know!?
Thanks x

Mandzi34 Tue 19-Apr-16 06:36:18

I've got a friend with children in Marlborough. She really likes it. Both of her children are high achievers and have a good set of friends. It was our second choice 11 years ago with DS. General consensus is that it's not one of the best schools in K and C but certainly not one of the worst. The faith schools are very good followed by Fox Primary and Bousfield.

mycrazytoddler Tue 19-Apr-16 10:45:38

Thanks Manszi34, Bousfield was one of our choices and I can find plenty of positive comments about it......Marlbrough not so much!? On waiting lists for our choices, guess I'll just have to wait & see!! Thanks again x

Mandzi34 Tue 19-Apr-16 12:14:33

Yes Bousfield is a brilliant school! I also know Christchurch, Servite, Oratory and generally all of the faith schools are excellent in K and C. Stay on the waiting lists for Bousfield and your first choice as places do appear. I know someone who was previously at Marlborough and then got offered a place at Bousfield for her son in Year 2. She liked Marlborough and her son was happy but Bousfield was closer to where they live and a much easier commute.

mycrazytoddler Tue 19-Apr-16 13:04:11

Mandzi34, very frustrating, Bousfield is closer than Marlborough and was our first choice!!! Such a tiny catchment area!! Unfortunately faith schools were not an option as we couldn't demonstrate regular church attendance. Thanks so much for the info, think I'll stay on the waiting list & keep everything crossed!!!

Mandzi34 Tue 19-Apr-16 14:13:24

Yes I know Bousfield's catchment was 0.19 last year! My oldest DS didn't get Holland Park as the catchment for that was 0.4 so I feel your pain. Once the dust settles you should call Bousfield and see where you are on the waiting list. I'm sure it will move to some degree and of course there is always the chance of a place at a later date. As I said though I've never heard anything negative about Marlborough. If you have any questions I can always put them to my friend who is more than happy there.

mycrazytoddler Tue 19-Apr-16 19:38:17

At least I still have some hope!! You have definitely given me some reassurance re: Marlborough, thanks very muchflowers

Mandzi34 Tue 19-Apr-16 21:25:35

Yes there is definitely hope! No problem at all. Just PM if you have any questions re: Marlborough and I'll speak to my friends. They have a great after school facility which many of the other schools don't have so there are lots of positives!

AZW8 Wed 04-May-16 18:52:25

Just messaged you as in exact same position!

HappydaysArehere Fri 12-Aug-16 10:20:19

Just found out about the closure of my old primary school. I went there in 1945 until I went to Buckingham Gate in 1952. In those days we had a reputation for great music/singing, thanks to Mr. Bailey who loved music with a passion. Handel was his favourite and we sang the Halleliuia Chorus with gusto together with Westering Home, the Sky Boat Song and Swing Lo Sweet Chariot. Local people wrote to the school expressing their delight on hearing us. I went to school with children from Dovehouse Work House, policeman's children, antique dealers children and children of Times, etc journalists. I lived on the Sutton Estate and had many happy memories of that time. I am so sad to hear of these changes.

AZW8 Sun 14-Aug-16 19:59:57

You shouldn't feel sad about the changes! I went to see it twice now and am very impressed.Marlborough is a lovely school and my child is excited to start there in September. The new building was necessary due to demand for places in rbkc and to be able to add more outside playground space which is necessary in today's schools. The head master seems very excited about getting to design the perfect new school! They have saved a few features from the old building and will also have pictures of in in the new school.
How exciting to hear of your time there!

HALIZ Wed 04-Oct-17 12:54:01

We had a tour at Marlborough primary school yesterday. I was very impressed with the new school and the head teacher. I am looking for some reassurance. Anyone got kids in that school? Any feedback is really appriciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now