Talk

Advanced search

Eyfs report confusing!!

(3 Posts)
shellsbeauty1 Mon 18-Apr-16 16:25:56

Hi all. I have a Camhs meeting tomorrow and school have kindly provided me with a summary sheet of my son's development. It states age ranges followed by a letter.
B - beginning
D - developing
S - secure.
I'm confused about the b?? Does beginning mean just starting to enter the age bracket so towards the lower age? say 30-50 months group followed by B would mean he is towards the 30 months rather than 50 months? Or does it mean something more complicated?! Hope someone can clarify as all the places I have looked doesn't talk about ' beginning ' it talks about 'emerging'?? Thank you x

chillybillybob Mon 18-Apr-16 16:43:17

Emerging/beginning means the child is just starting in that age bracket. So if there was 5 points in age bracket 30-50 mths and your child could so 1 point it would be emerging/beginning if your child could do 3/4points it would be developing and if it was all 5 points secure. Hope this makes sense .
I work in early years

shellsbeauty1 Mon 18-Apr-16 17:53:53

Thanks so much my son is currently in the age bracket 22-36 for managing feeling and behaviour, he is 66months so wanted to really understand what it all meant. Really helps me for tomorrow. Thank you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now