Talk

Advanced search

*Tutor for 4+ 5+ assessments in Watford wanted!*

(15 Posts)
SamSiv1001 Fri 01-Apr-16 16:57:04

Hi fellow mums!
I just moved into the Watford area and am looking for a really good tutor for my 2 kids, there are so many that have been recommended to me by my friends but they all live so far away! both my husband and I work full time, and we are looking for long term tutor and someone to help prepare the kids for the assements for schools like Habs and NLCS and the northwood prep schools.
any recommendations would really help.....
Thanks in advance smile
Sammy

SamSiv1001 Fri 01-Apr-16 17:35:43

Tutors in Northwood would work for me too.....thanks again!

Jodietroop30 Fri 01-Apr-16 19:16:19

hey Sammy,

My boy was successful in gaining a place at Habs boys for Year 1! we recently found out and are thrilled as it has been a stressful year for us as a family but atleast it all paid off in the end- really carefully consider if you want to give it a go as I have friends who's son didn't gain entry and they are very upset. I'm happy to share the tutor we used with you but it is hard work even with a tutor so please be aware!!

good luck! smile
Jodie

Homely1 Sat 02-Apr-16 21:08:28

I would really be interested too.

ReallyTired Sun 03-Apr-16 01:57:48

You have a choice of good non selective private and state schools. Why not allow your children to enjoy being children and try for super selective schools at eleven. Tutoring non Sen children at such a young age is madness. Not all children are a good fit for super selective schools and it's more humane to wait until juniors before piling on such pressure.

Mumagainricky Thu 15-Dec-16 14:22:30

hi, please no judging or nasty comments or slapping me down but we are looking for a tutor for 4+. Any help would be really appreciated..Ideally in herfordshire..

NoTimeToDillyDally Mon 02-Jan-17 01:11:10

Happy to PM Herts./ NW London tutor's details.

Mumagainricky Mon 02-Jan-17 09:08:27

Hiya, yes would be grateful for North London/ Herts details please

hesterton Mon 02-Jan-17 09:12:13

I really don't think tutoring a 4 year old is right. Can't you get a few sessions with an experienced teacher for yourself, to go over what you can do as part of your daily activities which would help your child build confidence and skills? That's what I'd recommend for that age group.

hesterton Mon 02-Jan-17 09:13:13

I hour of concentrated tutoring isn't appropriate for that age, but ten minutes here and there with parents/carers is fun and productive.

hesterton Mon 02-Jan-17 09:18:45

Much better value for you too overall.

shopgal9 Tue 03-Jan-17 12:56:41

Hi
Happy to share tutor details (from North London) please PM me xx

Ma518 Tue 03-Jan-17 21:19:34

I think its important to realise that the academic side isn't the only thing schools are looking for and whether you get a third party to tutor or do it yourself, its important to take a step back every now and then and check your getting what you want for your child, as every child is different.
I know many people who have tutored their kids, and would say the success for school entrances is around 50/50. I also know tutors who have got it completely wrong with their 'weakest' kids being successful and vice versa.

I have some herts/ NW london tutor details if anyone wants please DM me

watfordtutoring Sun 09-Apr-17 20:31:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Shreeyazh Tue 25-Apr-17 08:37:42

Please can I have the tutor details too...!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now