Talk

Advanced search

Epsom primary/ prep schools

(4 Posts)
jennyblonde82 Tue 22-Mar-16 13:48:11

Hi everyone, my husband has just been offered a job in Epsom and we're looking at the schools that we could send my son to. He's just turned 3 so we're looking at him doing a year at preschool then into his first actual year of school.
There's a lot on the board about schools in the area but it all seems a bit outdated. Does anyone have any up to date info about the local schools, state or independent? And could anyone let me know the current catchment area for Wallace fields? I love the look of nursery there but I don't want to move him to a new school to then move him after a year if he doesn't get a place there. We'd be hopefully living near to Epsom College or that kind of area.

Thank you so much for all your help.

PatriciaHolm Tue 22-Mar-16 14:39:11

Hi there

Realistically, all the primary schools in Epsom are pretty good!

Wallace Fields infants has an intake of 60, the distance admitted from is normally around 0.8 km (measured in a straight line).

I don't have first hand experience of the private schools in the area, mine have been very happy at another primary in Epsom and as I said, the state schools are all pretty good to excellent.

ShelaghTurner Tue 22-Mar-16 14:48:45

Also in Epsom with dd1 in a catholic primary. As Patricia said, pretty much all the state schools in Epsom are good. Hoping that dd2 has got into the same school as dd1 but other than the inconvenience I'd be happy with any of the Epsom schools. Wallace Fields you really need to live on the doorstep to stand a chance.

jennyblonde82 Tue 22-Mar-16 15:22:03

Thank you both. Sounds positive 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now