We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How are levels assessed in Northern Ireland

(5 Posts)
5608Carrie Thu 18-Feb-16 10:57:09

If there are any NI teachers about I was just wondering if you can help me to understand assessment and levels in P7 and P3.

Are these based on class work which are then levelled by the teacher.

I have asked the school and the reply was the children are levelled as per DENI guidelines. hmm No idea what that actually means.

FinnMcCool Thu 18-Feb-16 11:10:29

I'm not a teacher, but I am in NI.
Theres information that may help you here.

I think assessment levels are done by Computer based Assessment tests in P5, P6 and P7.

5608Carrie Thu 18-Feb-16 11:30:22

Thank you that link was helpful. They have scrapped the computer based assessments as there were IT issues with them.

FinnMcCool Thu 18-Feb-16 12:09:43

Its been a while since DS was in primary school, and there certainly were issues with the IT testing.

wigglesrock Thu 18-Feb-16 14:19:05

My eldest is now in P7 and I remember when she was in P3 or just starting it - her school pulled out of the computer based assessments - it was a bloody fiasco.
Sorry I've no actual proper info. I know my P4 sat a written assesment/ test towards the start of P3 and P4 (set I believe by the teachers). It was mentioned at her parent/teacher meeting but very little weight or attention was paid to it. My eldest (P7) did the two different sets of post primary transfer tests recently and tbh the focus up to now in P7 has been on that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now