Advanced search

Changing school

(4 Posts)
pspc Sun 14-Feb-16 10:59:50

We are very unsatisfied with DS primary school. We have been in close contact with them but they are not doing a good job. My son is in year 2 and he struggles with basic concepts that should have been acquired in reception. I've made that point several times to both the teacher and headteacher and they both said he was one of the brightest In the class. Recently my concerns were confirmed with the 3rd inadequate rating from Ofsted in a row. We had hoped that with the new headteacher 3 years ago the school would rapidly improve. We were told that the new resources brought in would turn the school around - instead it is even worse.

Can I ask the council to be transferred to a different school in the same town?

We both work full time so home schooling isn't a choice.


teeththief Sun 14-Feb-16 12:41:30

Of course you can move schools if there are spaces. Look on your local council website for "in year transfers". It might be worth phoning schools to see if they have spaces in year 2 and then going to look around first

StuffEverywhere Tue 16-Feb-16 07:44:15

Change the school, sure.

soapboxqueen Tue 16-Feb-16 07:54:13

Most councils won't do the leg work for you. You'll have to phone up schools you like and ask them if they have spaces. Then choose a school. If there are no spaces locally you may need to look further a field.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now