Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Surbiton school admissions

(3 Posts)
HS85 Sat 30-Jan-16 18:56:44

Hi,

I am most likely moving from abroad (Europe) to Surbiton in few months and I am a bit concerned about getting my children, a son who is 7 (class4) next autumn, and a daughter at 4 (class1) into state primary schools through a late application which will be the case. Does anyone here know that process from own experience and more importantly is it for sure they will get admitted to at least any school? Any information will be appreciated as I am not fully into the admission system even though I have done some reading about it online.

Thanks,
H

prh47bridge Sat 30-Jan-16 23:48:18

Once you have an address in the UK they have to find places for your children. They may not be at your preferred schools, they may not be close to home and they may not be in the same school but they will have places somewhere.

tiggytape Sun 31-Jan-16 16:45:41

Yes as prh says, both children will definitely get a school place somewhere - you won't be left with nowhere to send them.

You will also get a chance to tell the council which schools you'd prefer and, if they have vacancies in the correct year groups, you will be given one of those schools.

If the schools you'd prefer are full however, they will have to give you a place at the nearest school which has a vacancy in the correct year group. This is why you may not initially get a very local school or even the same school for both children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now