Talk

Advanced search

Book week costume ideas

(12 Posts)
Insideout2015 Sat 30-Jan-16 11:17:07

This year's theme is Hero and Villains.
I am not really into sewing and I am not creative at all. Even the words felcro and scissors gives me goosebumps.
Do you have any idea what my new boys (y4 and y2) could go dressed as?

Thanks to any suggestion

Leeds2 Sat 30-Jan-16 11:30:17

I bet a lot of boys will go in their Superman and Batman fancy dress costumes. Much easier, if you already have something like that!

Football or rugby kit as a "hero" sportsman.

Matildatoldsuchdreadfullies Sat 30-Jan-16 11:32:49

Harry Potter in mufti? That way you only need a wand.

This works particularly well if you have a ds who loathes dressing up days, and so will go to enormous lengths to avoid to costumes.

Suffolkgirl1 Sat 30-Jan-16 12:48:43

For hero and villians we have done: obi wan kenobi -white martial arts gi (pale tracksuit would also work) under black Halloween hooded cloak, belt, trousers tucked into black footy socks, plastic lightsaber; bear grylls - cargo trousers, outdoor/scout style shirt, rucksac, fake grass/mud stains! And Charlie Bucket - old too small clothes and "golden ticket".
Would any of those work?

Insideout2015 Sat 30-Jan-16 19:03:34

Thanks everyone but our school is quite strict and they really want books characters hence no football/rugby heroes or Star Wars.
Harry Potter could be good. Is he a hero?
Any othe idea?

Suffolkgirl1 Sat 30-Jan-16 21:13:44

Most films are also books these days, there are lots of star wars books. If the school are going to insist on a book character that is not a film then you are going to be very limited. For girls I have done Violet Baudelaire from A series of unfortunate events, so her brother Klaus should count as a hero or any of the Pevensie children from the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe. I did Susan in old fashioned clothing with a wooden bow, but I would think either boy would be fairly easy. However both of these are films as well.
Or maybe Bilbo Baggins, he is a reluctant hero- three quarter length trousers, shirt and waistcoat.

YippeeTeenager Sat 30-Jan-16 21:17:59

How about Robin Hood?

Topsy34 Sun 31-Jan-16 04:19:32

In my eyes, anyone that ds finds inspirational or looks up to is a hero, they don't have to be a superhero iyswim?

Last year ds went as Emmet from Lego movie because he though Emmet was a hero because he did lots of things that he wasn't happy doing, but did it anyway.

I'll think about books and come back

Topsy34 Sun 31-Jan-16 04:29:55

Is your youngest into percy the park keeper still? He could be a hero as he saves the day all the time.....costume easy, brown trousers, waistcoat, flat cap and a few stuffed animals?

Have a browse through their books and see what they fancy.

mrz Sun 31-Jan-16 07:26:05

Charlie from Charlie'/ superhero underpants - red underpants over pyjamas
Nat Fantastic - pyjamas
Michael Recycle - pyjamas and a colander helmet

mrz Sun 31-Jan-16 07:30:48

Villains

Manfred the Baddie
Bradley Bartlby - The Santa Trap
Horrid Henry

Insideout2015 Sun 07-Feb-16 10:04:37

We have decided. It will be King Arthur and Sir Lancelot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now