Talk

Advanced search

Wokingham prep schools...advice on Holme Grange, Waverley

(4 Posts)
Newbie81 Fri 29-Jan-16 11:13:30

My first ever post! Hello, we're relocating to Wokingham and would be very grateful for some current local opinion on Holme Grange and Waverley Schools. Reputation, style of teaching, anything really to help outsiders make a decision for our 7 yr old son! Thanks so much in advance.

CPParenttoDD1234 Sat 21-May-16 17:44:59

I'm I the same situation except my child is 6. Have you any update. We move in August and in desperate to get her in to the right school!

Meatycankles Sun 22-May-16 21:08:09

Both schools are great, good reputations, both very popular, some years have waiting lists so give them a call to see if they have space. Waverley is smaller and has more of a nurturing "family" feel; if your dc's are particularly sporty they may be better served at Holme Grange. Both good academically, and have excellent learning support.
Go and look around them to get a feel for them.

ForestJay Thu 11-May-17 12:10:17

Hello, I am guessing you have made your decision now but I wanted to add to the discussion in case anyone else is searching for information, I just added this response to the local board too!
We looked round Holme Grange recently and were very impressed - we will be sending our children there in September.
I highly recommend looking round, the facilities are gorgeous and the staff are helpful and friendly.
Reading the latest report also helped us:
www.isi.net/school/holme-grange-school-6553

Fingers crossed the kids will love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now