Talk

Advanced search

reserve list kings college 10 plus

(7 Posts)
lilasimpson Thu 28-Jan-16 21:36:46

Hi just got letter today...ds is not amongst the 8 selected but has been put on reserve list...does anyone know if all the boys interviewed will be put on the reserve list? Also I do not know how much ds scored...can I ask the school or will they not tell me?

mertonmama Fri 29-Jan-16 14:01:46

The school will be very happy to give feedback on performance - just ring the admissions secretary. I'm afraid I don't think the odds are very good for a place from the reserve list at 10+ though. I suspect those who have been offered will all accept. It's not like 7+, 8+ and 11+ - for those entry point people sit multiple exams and may get multiple offers. That's why those waiting lists move.

I suppose some of the 10+ candidates might go to Whitgift but that's the only 10+ I can think of.

I'd get the feedback and have another go at 11+. The odds are much better these days with the increase in 11+ admissions.

Lilasimpson Fri 29-Jan-16 20:39:31

Thanks for your reply Mertonmama... There is also Kingston grammar... But I guess you are right! Never mind will try again next year!

mertonmama Sat 30-Jan-16 14:13:24

10+ at Kingston is for a deferred start though. KCJS 10+ is for a start in year 6 - so I don't think many would turn down KCJS for KGS.

Good luck for next year!

Surreyhopefulmum Fri 27-Jan-17 09:07:29

Hi we are in the same position as you, Lilasimpson..My Ds got a reserve place letter for 10+ yesterday. Did the reserve list move at all in your year?Just wondering if you could share your experience and any suggestions!
Thanks.

Abetes Fri 27-Jan-17 12:18:16

My friend's ds got a place from the reserve list at 10+, but not until June-ish time. Maybe a family moving away from London? This was several years ago.
Also know of a boy who was a near miss at 7,8,9 and 10+ but got in last time at 11+ with the new enlarged intake.

Surreyhopefulmum Fri 27-Jan-17 13:32:25

Thanks Abetes. I spoke to the admissions team and they told me that the reserve list at 10+ is very small and there is always a chance of someone moving/taking up another school place. So fingers crossed, otherwise he will take the 11+ next year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now