HELP! What should she do, to prepare for Uni Interview (Primary Ed Degree)

(6 Posts)
BlondeOnATreadmill Thu 28-Jan-16 09:47:42

My daughter has just found out, that she has an interview on Monday! So, only a few days to prepare. Will she have to do a presentation? Any advice that any Primary School Teachers could give, would be very much welcomed.

Thanks! x

thesandwich Thu 28-Jan-16 09:50:14

The uni website or invite should give details of the format of the day. Revisit personal statement to be prepared to talk about all of it. Look on the student room for specific info. And read up on current issues and plans- curriculum etc.

icklekid Thu 28-Jan-16 10:00:18

If she needs to do a presentation they will have stated in letter inviting to interview. Be worth her reading up on changes to ks1 and ks2 assessment and the new curriculum which was introduced this year. She should also consider how her experience working with primary age children will be of benefit!

lljkk Thu 28-Jan-16 10:14:12

No harm in ringing admissions tutor with questions.

BlondeOnATreadmill Thu 28-Jan-16 11:46:40

Thanks guys. I've yet to look at her e-mail invite, as she's at her Dad's until tomorrow. And then she only has Sat and Sun to prepare - eek! Thanks for your helpful suggestions x

MissHoneyBee Thu 28-Jan-16 20:24:25

I had to do a presentation 4 years ago - don't panic, it will say. It can be a PowerPoint presentation, I made mine from sugar paper as a 'poster', it might be a little lesson.

My advice is to keep it fairly simple - remind her she'll probably have 10 minutes, not an hour, and its best to explain a couple of things well than lots of things poorly. It's difficult to give advice if I don't know exactly what she's doing, feel free to pm me and I can try to help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now