Talk

Advanced search

Mathletics certificates

(11 Posts)
NotMyMonkey Sat 16-Jan-16 10:27:23

Hi, DS is 5 and in reception. We have just started to use Mathletics and have been told that if they gain 1000 points they will earn a certificate. He has done a few tests and quizzes and has gained the points needed. Does anyone know if I have to print the certificate myself (i can't find how?) Or are they given by the school?

Any advice appreciated, thank you.

cmc1976 Sat 16-Jan-16 10:41:42

Hi, my daughter is also in reception, she came home with a bronze certificate from the school just before Christmas.

annettec01 Sat 16-Jan-16 10:48:08

We have to print them out then they get to show them to the rest of the class

NotMyMonkey Sat 16-Jan-16 11:23:28

Thank you, it seems it's dependant on the school then. They really didn't give me any information about it, just a note with a password instructing us to use it 2-3 times a week. I'll ask the teacher on monday. Thanks again.

cariadlet Sat 16-Jan-16 13:54:32

It depends on the school. I teach in a 3 form entry primary so we have hundreds of pupils. It would probably blow our printing budget if we printed out all the certificates. We print out the silver and gold certificates and present them in assembly, but ask parents to print out the bronze certificates if they want them.

DullUserName Sat 16-Jan-16 17:18:14

Ask the school what they'll do. We print ours weekly and give them out in year-group assemblies.

FairiesAreReal Sat 16-Jan-16 19:21:43

There is a 'parent section' where you can register and print out the certificates smile

wonkylegs Sat 16-Jan-16 19:25:08

Our school prints them out and gives them to the kids.
It's a school where a large proportion of kids don't have access to a computer at home though so it wouldn't be fair to do it any other way.

SavoyCabbage Sat 16-Jan-16 19:29:48

It depends on the school. Technically they can earn a bronze a week. Our school doesn't do the bronzes. They do the silvers in the classrooms and the golds, which take 40 weeks of getting a bronze every week as far as I can remember, in assembly.

Gobbolino6 Sat 16-Jan-16 19:54:47

You can print them. Go to 'My Awards' on the child's home page. Click on 'Bronze Cafe'. The first certificate shown is the most recent. Click on it and there's a print option.

NotMyMonkey Sat 16-Jan-16 20:56:08

Thanks everyone. It's hard work getting him to do homework so I thought it would be a nice reward for him to receive a certificate from school. I will check with them and if they don't give them I'll print them myself (although I don't actually have a printer!) Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now