Where can I buy a 3 piece suit for a wedding for my 11 year old?

(17 Posts)
ukgirlatheart Mon 11-Jan-16 10:27:24

Sorry for posting here but Im guessing age range is in this section.

going to a party then a few weeks later a wedding - DS needs a suit, he'd like one with a waistcoat etc... any ideas please dont know where to start!

Did have a quick look at NExt and Debenhams but all very young and tacky looking!!!

Mandolinoparadiso Mon 11-Jan-16 11:31:40

John Lewis?

SueGeneris Mon 11-Jan-16 11:33:15

Have you tried scouting eBay? You might find a better quality second hand one?

madmotherof2 Mon 11-Jan-16 11:35:19

Is he average 11 year old size/ height?

At 11 my son could fit into men's clothing ( but is tall ), is that an option?

MonsterDeCookie Mon 11-Jan-16 11:35:57

Monsoon might have something.

Contraryish Mon 11-Jan-16 11:36:48

There is no way my 11 year-old would fit into mens' suits! But Next or JL would be good options. eBay also sounds like a good call!

ouryve Mon 11-Jan-16 11:40:48

How big is he? My recently turned 12yo fits into small adult sizes, but plenty of his contemporaries are tiny.

The next suits are fine. They're proper suits, if a little on the shiny side, and not too extortionate. M&S have a great choice, online. They're quite stylish looking, too.
www.marksandspencer.com/l/kids/all-boys/suits

Katinthebag Mon 11-Jan-16 11:42:13

I got my son a lovely suit from next, really nice quality. You have to order online though. Bhs also do nice suits for boys

PennyHasNoSurname Mon 11-Jan-16 11:45:16

www.riverisland.com/boys/suits/_/N-86n River Island. We got DHs suit for our wedding from the mens section very good quality so ive no doubt the boys stuff would be great too

TeenAndTween Mon 11-Jan-16 13:10:41

BHS ?

Dungandbother Mon 11-Jan-16 15:13:31

I saw tux jackets in H&M this week but in small boys. Not sure if big boys had them but worth a look

LizzieMacQueen Mon 11-Jan-16 15:21:05

try Very.co.uk

SweetDazzlingDiva Mon 11-Jan-16 23:04:13

M and s

KingscoteStaff Tue 12-Jan-16 06:17:24

Loads of 'bought for a wedding, he wore it once then grew like a weed' suits on eBay. I got one for about £12.

ishouldcocoa Tue 12-Jan-16 06:29:37

Haha! I have a navy linen boys suit I keep meaning to sell in ebay!

We got it from Debenhams. They certainly used to have a large range of children's wear for weddings etc.

AuntieStella Tue 12-Jan-16 06:31:07

Another recommendation for John Lewis. There's a three piece suit they have all the time (they change the colour by season, we've had in navy and stone, and I've also seen in black and grey)

www.johnlewis.com/browse/baby-child/boyswear/boys-formalwear/_/N-42h9

Willdoitinaminute Wed 13-Jan-16 20:51:54

Had to buy suit for DS for school production. Amazon had a few around £20 mark. The fit and quality were fine for something that won't get much use. You can also buy ex hire outfits for just a little more.
They were also easy to return since first one I ordered was too small. A lovely lady phoned me to check the measurements before she sent out the larger one. They were based in Cannock I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now