Readtheory

(4 Posts)
WhattodoSue Sun 10-Jan-16 21:05:37

I am afraid I can't remember who recommended this site for reading comprehension, but I did want to say thank you and just to ask if anyone knows how the US grade levels (specifically for English reading/compare? Thanks smile

irvine101 Sun 10-Jan-16 21:09:53

I think it might be me?

I am not sure about US grade levels compared to UK system, but our goal was just to improve my ds's reading comprehension. And this site is fav.
Just so easy to do, and very interesting. We have been doing over a year, and it really helped my ds. And it's free! smile

WhattodoSue Sun 10-Jan-16 23:09:32

flowers thank you for the recommendation smile I have had various conversations with her treacher about what she can do. The problem is she is very quiet at school, and I worry that they see only what comes through her shyness at school, and not is what is underneath. But I should probably let it go. She is still doing fine, and if she gets to play with this at home then at least she is being challenged at home.

irvine101 Sun 10-Jan-16 23:16:55

Glad you enjoy it.
You might already know, but for maths, I recommend this too.

www.khanacademy.org/

It's also American, but it's great, and it's free as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now