Talk

Advanced search

St Piran's School in Maidenhead - any thoughts?

(5 Posts)
Babyrooty Wed 23-Dec-15 08:46:07

Asking for a friend who is considering moving her daughter to St Piran's in Maidenhead. Are there any current parents with children at the school who would share their experiences of the school or recommend it? Her daughter is currently in Year 1 and would be looking at moving in Year 2 or Year 3. Her daughter is bright. How do girls fare there?

TeaandHobnobs Thu 19-May-16 20:48:19

My child is only in nursery at the moment, but I am very impressed with the school. To me, they seem to have a good balance of academics vs extra-curriculars - although they do have quite a strong emphasis on sport.
What convinced me was the very confident charming children they turn out.

Granny01 Fri 18-Nov-16 15:41:37

I am researching independent and state school options for my daughter, moving to Bourne End, Bucks. My grandsons will be in Reception and Year 2 in Sept 2017. Any views on Claytons, Little Marlow and St Paul's primaries; and Claires Court, St Piran's and Herries preps, please. A concern is where will cater well for well-above-average ability children. Thanks.

SisterViktorine Fri 18-Nov-16 17:22:36

For boys I would probably make the trek either to The Beacon, Lambrook or St John's Beaumont from Bourne End.

None of the Maidenhead Independents are wonderful.

The problem with Bourne End is that you are trapped between the motorways which can make school runs a real PITA. When we lived in the area logistics of the school run were the key factor.

Granny01 Fri 18-Nov-16 17:32:30

Thank you very much for this very prompt response, SisterViktorine. I'll be interested in others' views on this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now