Talk

Advanced search

Study desk and chair 7 yo

(6 Posts)
computer1000 Tue 22-Dec-15 13:29:03

I find the dining table is too high. The posture is not right when my son is writing. In his room there is a desk but the chair is too low. I wonder what to do. I thought pethaps to invest into adjustable table and chair for his room Amazon "Best Desk "brand. Or to biy a steady adjustable chair for dining table downstairs? Please share your ideas. Thanks

TeenAndTween Tue 22-Dec-15 13:38:47

Bit obvious, but ... cushions to raise him higher at the dining room table?

If in his room, you may find yourself doing a lot of walking up and down stairs to help him with h/w ...

Artandco Tue 22-Dec-15 13:43:59

Mine use a Stokke trip trap chair at the dining table still at 6 so they can sit comfortably.

MyFriendsCallMeOh Tue 22-Dec-15 13:49:15

My 11 year old had a desk when she was 7 (it's from ikea) but she always did homework at the kitchen table so I could answer any questions she had. Now she's older, she does her homework on the pc in the study. Her desk has been used for crafts, drawing and is often disguised under a pile of clothes, but never for homework.....

Bounced Tue 22-Dec-15 13:52:43

Kitchen table here, too, for homework.

But she does her own story-writing, Lego etc at the desk that came as part of her high sleeper bed, and that seems to work ok. She has one of her great-grandmother's folding wooden chairs as that's what we had handy, and seems no more wriggly or uncomfortable than usual.

mrsmortis Tue 22-Dec-15 14:17:04

Another vote for the TrippTrapp. That's one of the reasons that we chose it as a high chair, I have friends whose kids were still using on at 11. My DD (7) is a head smaller than her classmates so we're probably going to be using it for a while yet...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now