Talk

Advanced search

Have you found Perform drama classes useful?

(8 Posts)
Luna9 Mon 14-Dec-15 22:20:40

Hi

I am considering registering my 5 year old dd to perform; I think it may help improve her comunications skills;Have you found it useful?

Thank you

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Mon 14-Dec-15 22:23:22

Nope. Hated Perform, sorry. Formulaic, pushy, some weird devotion to this ridiculous "banana game". It wasn't for us.

On the other hand, I have friends whose DC loved it. I think a lot depends on the individual teacher. Have a trial session before signing up.

sproingle Mon 14-Dec-15 22:34:47

DD liked it when we did it (and the banana game) Overpriced but there are discounts to be had. It doesn't claim to be a drama school but does work on confidence so perhaps worth it if that's what you want. I have seen some kids come out of their shell a bit there.

writingonthewall Tue 15-Dec-15 06:32:15

Yes, my daughter started at just before 4 and is now 7. She loves it and has done wonders for her self-confidence.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 15-Dec-15 08:58:36

Search about there are often local groups who offer the same thing (or better) for much less money. I help run such a group we are a charity and our kids get to perform in two shows a year in a professional theatre.

Luna9 Tue 15-Dec-15 20:38:34

It is expensive so I am having second thoughts; there are lots of other drama groups in the area; will look at some others.

Thank you

Zodlebud Wed 16-Dec-15 09:03:16

Have a look at the Poppets classes run by the Pauline Quirke Academy. Great confidence builders and my kids have really come on leaps and bounds plus (and more importantly) they love it!!!

sh77 Wed 16-Dec-15 13:01:16

Thank you zod for the recommendation. I, too, have been contemplating Perform. Signing ds for a trial with Poppets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now