Talk

Advanced search

Rotherfield primary school in Islington... does anyone have any experience or info?

(6 Posts)
mummymummypony Thu 10-Dec-15 17:33:36

Just that really. It is the nearest one to our home so would love some info on it if anyone could shed some light.

Many thanks!

mummymummypony Sun 13-Dec-15 21:23:41

Bump!

Anyone?

bobthebuddha Mon 14-Dec-15 12:29:18

We had mixed experiences with it - we moved DS on and DD followed a couple of years ago but she keeps begging to go back! It didn't really work out for him in terms of cohort and his last 2 teachers and he really thrived once he left. But...it had changed a lot in terms of a larger group of committed parents and more canny hires of dedicated teachers in the 2 year gap between DS and DD. I'd be quite happy for her to go back, if that helps you at all! If you haven't already looked around that's the best way to get a good feel for it.

mummymummypony Mon 14-Dec-15 14:14:04

Thank you buddah!

I read somewhere else that it has improved over the last few years and your assessment seems to confirm that. Someone I know recently told me that they have a couple of friends with children there who love it. It sounds like the school embraces parent involvement which is a good sign to me.

I am attending their open morning this week too.

bobthebuddha Mon 14-Dec-15 20:07:15

Yes they do - and comparing it with the second school we've used (which is of the more over subscribed type) it has the advantage that you tend to get more direct involvement with the staff and head and more of a sense that they really appreciate your involvement. I have the sense that the more popular schools are able to take that for granted and things are pretty impersonal. It's also much easier to get after-school care places, which I found out too late! The law of unintended consequences. Hope the open morning goes well for you.

Curu Mon 14-Dec-15 20:56:26

Our son got a place there a few weeks into term and we moved him (out of new north academy v close by) without hesitation. We felt really encouraged by their open day. He's really happy there and I think it is a good school with a sense of community, and a sense that the parents matter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now