Talk

Advanced search

presents from chair of governors?

(7 Posts)
IssyStark Thu 10-Dec-15 16:22:32

Anyone know if there is any widespread etiquette as to whether the Chair of School Governors would get something for the staff room at Christmas? The Spouse is chair at our ds1's primary school and we're not sure if it's the sort of thing that is done.

We never give teacher and TA presents at Christmas beyond whatever cards we can persuade ds1 to help make so are completely naive to the standard behaviour.

Thanks in advance.

dajen Thu 10-Dec-15 16:50:10

Ours always brings a card and tin of biscuits in for the staff room, and a box for the office staff too.

Bogburglar99 Thu 10-Dec-15 16:53:04

I'm now a Vice Chair and nobody has specifically asked me. I don't know whether our Chair does or not.

However, in my experience biscuits cake and chocolate in a primary school staff room is NEVER a mistake grin Perhaps Happy Christmas from the gov body rather than just the chair?

JWIM Thu 10-Dec-15 17:16:13

Chair writing - I do a gift bag of some nice biscuits (whatever is on offer at this time of year) and a mix of teabags, hot choc sachets and small tin of decent instant coffee. This year I dropped it in at the start of this week so staff had the chance to 'dip in' before they break up. And they are all working so hard at what is now week 14 of the term.

No one suggested this was a Chair duty, I do it because I and our Govs like to show our appreciation.

Lizsmum Thu 10-Dec-15 18:48:22

As a Chair (and previously a teacher/headteacher) I'd say that a box of sweets is always welcomed. Two boxes, twice as welcome.

admission Thu 10-Dec-15 22:19:46

As Chair i always drop of some "goodies" and a card.

IssyStark Fri 11-Dec-15 20:11:39

Thanks all!

We will be getting yummy stuff for the start of next week for the staff room and a card.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now