Talk

Advanced search

which primary school if you had the choice any???

(6 Posts)
mummycyprus Thu 10-Dec-15 16:05:52

hello everyone,
in need of your help. i have the pick of any school to chose from. the biggest question is which primary school for my son to start in 2016? the deadline is coming up so I'm really running out of time. i have signed up to the good schools guide and i have been to a handful of schools around the local area. (i live in ec1 islington london) is there any really really great state schools in london that anyone can recommend. I really am set and determined for him to achieve high results and hopefully get into a top secondary school. any advice would be really appreciated. thanks for reading

TeenAndTween Thu 10-Dec-15 16:46:22

Can you clarify?

Hardly anyone effectively gets 'the pick of any school' in the state system, so are you planning state or private?

hibbleddible Thu 10-Dec-15 17:42:16

I wonder if op's child is adopted?

William Tyndale is on upper Street and has a great reputation and results. Not sure if that is too far from you?

TeenAndTween Thu 10-Dec-15 20:05:15

hibble I wondered too as I'm an adopter myself, but to be honest I kind of discounted it, as generally (massive sweeping statement here) adopters are looking for things like pastoral care rather than thinking about high results and top secondaries.

hibbleddible Thu 10-Dec-15 21:16:36

I understand your point teen

I just don't know how else the op could have 'the pick of any school'.

CruCru Sat 12-Dec-15 18:23:22

Hi OP, the state schools round me that people seem to find desirable are William Tyndale, Thornhill and Canonbury. There are lots of other "desirable" schools further north but as we have no hope of falling in the cut off distance circle, I haven't investigated those further.

Re private - near you there is Dallington, Rosemary Works, the Lyceum. These may have spaces. St Paul's Cathedral has already had the assessments for September 2016. Charterhouse Square have their intake a year early - I have no idea whether they will have any spaces (they get around four applications for every space).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now