Talk

Advanced search

Occasional entry at Habs Girls school for 6 year old

(8 Posts)
Reinventmum Sat 05-Dec-15 15:57:54

I'll be trying for an occasional entry place early next year at Habs Girls school in Elstree for my 6 year old for year 2. I'm told it includes a written test and in general is a gentler assessment than the tough and very competitive 7+ assessments. if you pass, you are put onto the waiting list. Does anyone know how many ( if any) places become available to start in Year 2?

AnotherNewt Sat 05-Dec-15 16:21:40

Sorry, but that's an impossible question to answer, as it's totally dependent on who leaves the school (eg decides to move house, posted abroad, or whatever). Could be some, one, or none; and what's happened in previous years is no guide to what might happen in this one.

Reinventmum Sat 05-Dec-15 21:55:24

Fair enough - was just wondering if a place has ever become available in the last few years or whether it is highly unlikely.

writingonthewall Sat 05-Dec-15 22:01:42

This year, in the current year two there is an empty space in both of the classes (so 2 overall) from girls who have left and not been replaced, I have assumed they are just waiting to fill them up at the 7+ intake.

Reinventmum Sun 06-Dec-15 23:57:32

Thanks for the feedback Writingonthewall.

mumteacher Tue 22-Dec-15 23:32:35

A year two vacancy would not normally be filled until the 7+. Habs carry out a 4+ and 5+ (last time in 2015) and so usually they would then not spend further time and energy filling 1 place in year 2.

ImNotChangingMyUsernameAgain Thu 24-Dec-15 20:21:00

They filled a Y2 place this year with a sibling so it is not correct that they do not admit at 6+. I'm not sure what the process was or whether others sat for the same place.

mumteacher Thu 24-Dec-15 23:45:10

I'm not sure it was a straight forward assessment. I'm led to believe there were special circumstances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now