Talk

Advanced search

primary school

(11 Posts)
km123 Tue 01-Dec-15 20:02:24

hi mums,
I am new to mums net. Just seeking some suggetions from local mums about which school to choose from Bandon hill primary school and St.elpheges RC school in wallington,surrey?

Thanks in advance!😊

KingLooieCatz Wed 02-Dec-15 10:06:43

I know nothing of those schools, if you don't get a response here you could try mumsnet local.

Sheri1978 Wed 02-Dec-15 10:16:30

Hi mums

Please help. I'm applying for a primary school admission for my little one in blackfen sidcup... Which schools are the most popular with results and quality now? They say Sherwood park is good at the moment but because of the past bad reputation im worried to apply??? If anyone has done their research on the best primary schools please help!!!

Thank you x

RueDeWakening Wed 02-Dec-15 10:24:45

You stand a much better chance of getting in to St Elphege's if you're RC. Are you?

The catchment distance for BHMF is v small, even with BHWF having opened to relieve pressure. So it largely depends on where you live.

Join the Carshalton Mums FB group, you'll get chapter and verse on there grin

Sheri1978 Wed 02-Dec-15 10:30:01

Hi

I'm a Christian

km123 Wed 02-Dec-15 14:09:10

Thanks KingLooieCatz np!

Thanks RueDeWakening. Actually he is going to St elpheges and we have been communicated by council that there is a place for him in Bandon hill meadow field now. we are not catholic. So its bit of a confusion as to what to choose now.. He is settled in st elpheges now so is it really worh changing school again? As per league table results, both schools are doing good but in some areas st Elpheges is much better than BH primary...
What is your opinion?

RueDeWakening Wed 02-Dec-15 14:10:07

Sorry Sheri - I'm in LB of Sutton so my reply was to the OP. I don't know about Sidcup, you could try either posting in Mumsnet Local, or starting a new thread on here with your question, someone else might be able to help.

OP - unless you're Catholic, your child will come under category 6 for St Elphege's, children of other faiths (unless they have a statement or have been adopted or similar). The percentage of children admitted under this category is apparently anywhere from 10% (so 9 children per year) to 40% plus. And afaik the tie breaker is distance from the school, so it'll depend where you live compared to the others in that category.

km123 Wed 02-Dec-15 14:18:15

sorry RueDeWakening but its not about getting admission in school.. he is already going to st elpheges from september for yr1.. its just about whether I should change his school to BH or not? Is it worth changing the school?

RueDeWakening Wed 02-Dec-15 14:39:56

If you want to PM me I'm happy to try and help smile

km123 Wed 02-Dec-15 15:19:46

ok

RueDeWakening Thu 03-Dec-15 13:01:30

My PMs aren't working, I can reply if you PM me your email or whenever they start working again! Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now