Talk

Advanced search

appeal for yr 2

(5 Posts)
mama36 Fri 20-Nov-15 16:49:38

i am planning to appeal for my child place in yr 2. Got few tips from MN on how you can still win against 30/class law. but wondering from where i b able to get school statistics like total no of pupil in school, is there any infant class exceeding 30 students, are classroom able to adjust another child. i was able to get latest jan 2015 stats from internet but how can i b sure thats final
need help

Youknowit Fri 20-Nov-15 22:48:40

You will get that information from the admissions authority in advance of your appeal hearing. You need to remember in your appeal that the panel can only review the decision making process, they can't re-make the decision. Therefore you need to focus on:
-will the admission of an additional pupil cause a breach of the infant class size legislation? (very likely if the class has 30 in it)
-were the admission arrangements legal (it's incredibly unlikely they weren't)
-were the admission arrangements applied to your case correctly?
-was the decision the authority took reasonable?

Unless the arrangements were illegal, applied to your application wrongly /unfairly or unreasonably, your appeal won't be successful.

tiggytape Fri 20-Nov-15 23:55:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lougle Fri 20-Nov-15 23:59:26

mama36 if you are appealing for a school which has infant class sizes of 30, no amount of data showing over 30 in class will help you.

tiggytape Sat 21-Nov-15 00:14:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: