Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Marketing through school

(2 Posts)
catkind Fri 20-Nov-15 16:02:39

Is it me or is this a rather nasty marketing ploy?
Got a personalised letter in school bag from the company who have been brought in to do PE lessons at school saying DS has been identified as talented at football and 'inviting' him to join their (expensive, privately run) academy.
Ds is with the best will in the world not coordinated. This must have been sent to every child in the class. I don't mind the odd flyers for things that come home, but trying to make out they've been specially selected for this wonderful opportunity? Yick.
Half wondering about sending it back to school to ask if they know they're being used as a marketing channel.

irvine101 Fri 20-Nov-15 16:26:28

That sounds nasty. If my ds was sent that letter, I would know straight away that it's not true(He hates football and not good at it at all), but some parents might believe it.

Last year, my ds was sent home with "Write a story and get published" kind of thing that was talked about on MN. I sent it back with a note with a link from MN. Teacher was truly shocked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now