Talk

Advanced search

Forest school E17 4+ assessment

(6 Posts)
Applesforjam Thu 12-Nov-15 19:43:25

Hi Mumsnetters,
Does anyone have any experience of their DC doing the 4+ assessment for Forest school? My DD will be doing it next autumn, so plenty of time but just wondered what kind of preparation you did with your child?What are they looking for? Do parents find tutors for these assessments? We really don't want to go down that route but don't want to be naive either.
Any suggestions much appreciated!

tricot39 Fri 13-Nov-15 07:06:27

I know someone who did this last year. They told me that the assessment involved going along with their children who were all taken off as a group with other potential applicants. They did some group activities and some one to one stuff - games, stories etc. Obviously she didn't know what they were looking for but it didn't sound like things you could tutor for. I think they were looking at basics like willingness to participate or sit still as necessary, social skills, being engaged and interested in learning etc. My friend didn't think they tested anything "academic". No one tutored as far as she could tell.....
Hth good luck

Applesforjam Fri 13-Nov-15 20:34:56

Thank you for the useful info **tricot39! I appreciate it. It sounds like a good nursery would prepare for that and nothing a tutor can really prepare for...

paprikash Sun 17-Jan-16 20:03:41

From what I gathered from ds it was group play, responding to a story, picture sequencing, writing their name etc. some people tutored, we didn't really. If the nursery is good and dd is bright you are ok. They had 170 applicants this year, but of course people apply to more than one school in some cases. All the best.

writingonthewall Sun 17-Jan-16 21:07:57

No one tutored as far as she could tell.....

No-one ever admits to tutoring. Very different from no-one actually tutoring.

Applesforjam Tue 19-Jan-16 23:10:37

Thanks for that Paprikash smile.

Writing - I agree.. Probably a lot more common that people let on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now