Talk

Advanced search

Nursery feedback for 4+ assessments

(4 Posts)
googlesmom Thu 12-Nov-15 10:46:13

My DD would be sitting for 4+ assessments soon and I understand a lot of the schools would be taking feedback from her existing school.

My DD already goes to a prep school (till 11 years) and I was wondering if I needed to inform her existing school that we are sitting for 4+ assessments.

I did not think it was necessary to inform her existing school, as I did not want it to affect my daughter in any way incase she does not secure a seat elsewhere.

What is the norm here?

MMmomKK Thu 12-Nov-15 10:56:42

So - is your daughter in Reception already, or at the nursery of a prep school?

I am guessing she is still in a nursery. Do all of the kids normally stay on for Reception? My guess - not, so I won't worry.

Even if the prospective new school would ask for feedback - and you end up staying at your original school - it unlikely to have any negative impact on your daughter. You will be at the school for 7 more years, and no one holds a grudge for that long... ;)

googlesmom Thu 12-Nov-15 11:50:35

Thanks MMmomKK

I was just wondering how her existing school would react to getting reference checks for my daughter without any intimation from me...

I am assuming its a very normal thing in schools... and I am reading too much into it..

ImNotChangingMyUsernameAgain Fri 13-Nov-15 01:20:37

They will know anyway when your DD is absent from school on the relevant day. Far better IMO to write a polite letter explaining that you are keeping all your options open etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: