Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know anything about St Albans Girls prep?

(7 Posts)
Mynameismummy Fri 06-Nov-15 11:01:46

Would be very grateful for any inside information/views! Many thanks in advance.

follygirl Sun 08-Nov-15 17:27:37

Do you mean St Albans High School for Girls? If so, yes I can help, my daughter started in Reception. What do you want to know?

Mynameismummy Mon 09-Nov-15 17:54:35

Yes - thanks follygirl. Just wondered what the pros/cons were, what you like/don't like etc. Do they do what they say in the marketing - is your daughter happy?

follygirl Mon 09-Nov-15 20:25:01

My daughter is currently at the senior school but went all the way through from Reception. We have been really pleased with the school. She has developed into a confident, articulate young lady. I would say that it doesn't suit everyone and it is quite academic. Certainly the pressure was on in Reception for them to finish the ORT. As my daughter started the year as a non-reader it was a steep learning curve.
I don't really have any big negatives as such, she has really flourished and we couldn't have been happier. So much so that we didn't hesitate in sending her on to the senior school, where again she is thriving.

Mynameismummy Mon 09-Nov-15 21:48:24

Follygirl - thank you for coming back to me - much appreciated. That's been very helpful.

assessmenttired Tue 10-Nov-15 18:00:35

Hi

My DD is currently a pupil and absolutely loves it!
The new head of the prep school seems focussed on both both the academic and pastoral side of things. The overall head is very impressive. The school is very academically focussed and it is not for the faint hearted. The school seems to work at a year ahead i.e. reception follows year 1 curriculum and year 1 follows year 2 curriculum etc. I have experienced no negatives at all and thoroughly recommend the school.

Mynameismummy Tue 10-Nov-15 22:15:14

Thanks assessmenttired!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now