Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

CLSG

(4 Posts)
3Kids3 Wed 04-Nov-15 19:28:41

Just wondered if anyone could offer a view on this school from 7+.
I was quite surprised at how sparce and dreary the school felt when I visited. Admittedly it was the beginning of the school year however none of the walls had any work on display, the library was like a shoe box and it seemed quite difficult to get to. I'd be happy for any corrections to this view.

Cookingwine Thu 05-Nov-15 08:35:28

Following, but more interested in the secondary side of it. I met a couple of mums at CLSB who have DDs at CLSG, one who joined in year 7, and both were extremely positive about the school. Haven't visited it myself yet though. Do the junior girls move up automatically in the senior school?

3Kids3 Thu 05-Nov-15 11:50:21

Not necessarily. The head stated very clearly on the open day that if they didn't make the grade in year 6 they would be asked to leave! She added that they were working at GCSE level in year 6 btw....

Cookingwine Thu 05-Nov-15 13:10:40

That made me laugh, but TBH the preparation for the 11+ for CLSB was not far from GCSE level I think, if you have a look at their English sample paper on their website, it's scary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now