Talk

Advanced search

Norland Place question

(5 Posts)
sl280 Wed 04-Nov-15 13:31:50

My youngest daughter has been fortunate to be given a place at Norland Place. We are moving to London and want to know where we should live where the commute to school will not be horrendous . Looking for house with decent garden and space - Holland Park is out of our budget

Also any Norland Place parents have any advice re sibling priority? My older daughter is still on the waitlist and I wonder if the fact younger sister has a definite place will improve her chances. Thanks!!

nowirehangers Wed 04-Nov-15 13:37:21

what is in your budget? shepherd's bush is the most obvious choice by far

sl280 Wed 04-Nov-15 13:52:03

Below 2m we think as we want to have money for renovations

How is sbush for families though? Safe? Any other areas?

Problem is we do not know where our older daughter will get a place for school. Any idea if Norland will give priority to older sibling as younger one has a spot?

nowirehangers Wed 04-Nov-15 13:59:58

Why are you so fixated on NP? There are lots of other schools ... I'd personally chose an area then look for a school
But anyway, SB is very grotty in places but also extremely middle-class now, PS2m would get you something in a posh street. It's generally safe but bits look run-down. Or you could go further west to Chiswick but your money would get you a bit less, lots of good private and state schools there that I would choose over a commute to NP
I don't know about siblings

sl280 Wed 04-Nov-15 14:02:34

NP is the only place we have definitely got an offer for at the moment.

We are only moving to London at the time older daughter is due to enter reception so no time to find house then find a school for her

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now