Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a teeny tiny school uniform?

(16 Posts)
cheapandcheerful Sat 31-Oct-15 20:54:29

My dd is just about to turn 3 and will start in the nursery class at her sister's school this week.
The uniform is non-compulsary but most of them do wear it and I know that dd would love to dress the part like her big sis.
My problem is that she is really little, still wearing 12-18month clothes. I tried her big sis' nursery uniform on her and it was silly. The skirt literally wouldn't stay up, the pinafore dress went down to her ankles and the polo shirt was like a tent.
Do any of the supermarkets do small sized uniform? Age 2-3 would probably be ok...

LIZS Sat 31-Oct-15 20:55:13

Mother are

Believeitornot Sat 31-Oct-15 20:56:34

I wouldn't bother if she doesn't need to. Just try and find a top in the right colours but that it?

Daisydukes79 Sat 31-Oct-15 20:56:37

Sainsburys I've definately seen aged 3 stuff. In fact, this time of year it's only that left in some ranges. Or age 15 where they would die rather than wear a pinafore lol.

SuburbanRhonda Sat 31-Oct-15 20:57:37

They wear skirts at nursery? shock

Etak15 Sat 31-Oct-15 21:00:10

Asda do some 2-3 school uniform - probably more choice online though than in store!
Your lucky to have mid autumn term intake our nursery you have to wait until the following September envy

hippoherostandinghere Sat 31-Oct-15 21:04:02

I have 2 tiny children who I've struggled to get uniform for. Sainsburys is by far the best. I got some polo shirts in a size 2 last year. I'm not sure about skirts, you could try sainsburys online but they definitely do the smallest sizes because I compared everywhere!

WellyMummy Sat 31-Oct-15 21:25:58

Next do pinafores and polo shirts for age 3.

EMS23 Sat 31-Oct-15 21:31:15

Tesco do 2-3 and the polo shirts do shrink if you tumble dry them. Had similar issue with my DD, also teeny. She looked ridiculous but so so cute!!

Bogburglar99 Sat 31-Oct-15 21:32:43

Can you find another mum with a small daughter who has worn a 3-4 size, washed and shrunk it? That's how we got through DDs nursery year smile

mejon Sat 31-Oct-15 22:33:30

DD2 is a teeny-tiny 4 and in YR. She's wearing age 2-3 polos, trousers and pinafore dresses from M&S. The trousers are still too long (thank heavens for Wundaweb), polos have plenty of room in them but she's just about to grow-out of the dress (she's had it since starting after Easter - the age 4 replacement I got in Next is massive and will probably last her until Yr2!). Matalan do skirts in age 3 with adjustable waists that aren't overly generous.

ReallyTired Sun 01-Nov-15 22:52:59

I got dd's uniform from marks and spencer.

www.marksandspencer.com/girls-2-pack-permanent-pleat-skirt-with-stormwear/p/p22309154

You can get uniform in 2 to 3 year old sizes by ordering online and then picking up from your local store. If something does not fit you can return it. The skirts have an elastic waist band that has a button that can make it tighter.

mrsmortis Mon 02-Nov-15 10:06:07

I had the same issues with my DD (She's nearly 7 and still in age 5 clothes). Lessons we learnt were:

1) If they can wear trousers then look in M&S, Next, etc in the run up to christmas. Boys formal trousers will be available in the right colours, in small sizes, and generally come with the elastic waist bands you can tighten.
2) If you have to buy bigger then go for a pinafore. It doesn't matter as much if they are bit too long, and you avoid the waist band issue. They are also easy to get on an off for PE.

Letustryagain Tue 03-Nov-15 11:48:56

Sorry, I can't help anymore than anyone else already has but can I just jump on and give a big cheer to all the tiddly tinies!! grin

DD has just gone into YR2 and is STILL the smallest (except for two tiny YR children) in the school. Luckily she isn't overly worried and refers to herself as 'cute' (phew), but I do get fed up with people asking why she's so small and yes, they ask on a regular basis, even the children!

SmallestInTheClass Thu 05-Nov-15 20:58:34

This tread was made for me and my little girls! Just look at my name :-)
I have two tiny DDs and found M&S the best for little nursery uniform.

YesterdayOnceMore Thu 05-Nov-15 21:01:20

Tiny children here too smile. Next are good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now